Examination & Records
November 9 - November 11| $4600
Examination and Records is one of the most important dental courses that a dentist will master on the path to complete dentistry. The cornerstone of the Dawson philosophy begins with a thorough comprehensive examination and the gathering of necessary records accurately. As Dr. Dawson says “every great treatment plan comes from a well organized Records appointment”.
The examination and accompanying records are the ﬁrst step in the process of complete dentistry. This hands-on program will cover all aspects of the exam and records process.
- Acquire skills to perform a TMJ/Occlusal examination
- Learn the co-diagnostic process of the examination and how to ask future focus questions
- Evaluate the masticatory system for instability in the TM joints, muscles and teeth
- Learn bilateral manipulation and how to obtain an accurate veriﬁable centric relation record
- Master the use of a lucia jig to help obtain a centric relation bite record
- Verify how to do a correct face-bow transfer and why it is critical to both the diagnostic and restorative phases of treatment
- Mount casts using the face-bow transfer and CR record on a semi- adjustable articulator
- Acquire the skills to use a macro digital camera to shoot a series of diagnostic photographs
- Begin the implementation process to establish the process of complete dentistry